INTRODUCTION FROM THE CEO
We are committed to acting in an ethical manner and are aware of our obligations to assist in eradicating modern slavery and human trafficking.
We are aware that by taking a best practice approach, this will aid with combatting slavery and human trafficking and ensure as a business we respect people and the communities in which they live. In addition, it is essential that our suppliers understand and appreciate the standards of business conduct that are expected of any company that we do business with and we only seek to engage with reputable organisations.
Our Businesses provide accountancy, financial, legal and business support services in various sectors within the UK labour market. We have our head office in Warrington and the Brookson Group has over 4,500 employees. We primarily operate in the United Kingdom, with some overseas travel being undertaken as and when required.
- Brookson Financial Limited – independent financial advisory services to temporary workers, personal service companies and micro-businesses in the UK.
- Brookson Limited – an accountancy practice providing specialist business support services to micro-businesses and personal services companies in the UK, as well as payroll services and back office support services to small, medium and large UK based businesses.
- Brookson Legal Services Limited – a legal practice providing specialist legal support services to micro-businesses, personal service companies and public and private organisations throughout the UK.
- Intouch Accounting Limited - an accountancy practice providing specialist business support services contractors and personal services companies in the UK.
- Boomerang Support Services Limited – back office support for UK recruitment businesses.
OUR SUPPLY CHAINS
Our supply chains include the below who operate and specialise in various sectors within the UK and have a requirement for skilled labour, services and/or personnel:
- Recruitment Businesses
- End-Hirers in the public and private sector
- Contractors operating via a personal service company
OUR POLICIES ON SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING
Our Modern Slavery Policy reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere within our business or supply chains.
DUE DILIGENCE PROCESSES FOR SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING
We undertake comprehensive ‘Know Your Client’ checks on all new clients across our Businesses to ensure we are only engaging with reputable organisations.
We have in place processes and systems to:
- Identify and assess potential risk areas in our supply chains with the use of an escalation process through our Compliance Team.
- Mitigate the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our supply chains.
- Monitor potential risk areas in our supply chains.
- Report potential instances of modern slavery and human trafficking.
- Protect whistle blowers.
SUPPLIER ADHERENCE TO OUR ETHICS
We have zero tolerance to slavery and human trafficking and we are keen to ensure that all those in our supply chain comply with our ethics.
We have a dedicated Compliance Team, which consists of senior personnel from legal and accountancy businesses within the Group and this team will field any queries or comments from suppliers, customers, employees or regulators in relation to our approach to combatting slavery and human trafficking.
To ensure a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains and our business, we provide ongoing training to our staff. Training is also provided to all new employees to ensure they are aware of our stance on preventing slavery and human trafficking within the businesses and supply chains and how to identify if someone is being trafficked.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our Group's slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 30 September 2020.
Chief Executive Officer